Chief Operating Officer - Lagardère Travel Retail Pacific
A leader in Travel Retail, our company in the Pacific is part of the global Lagardère Travel Retail group. At Lagardère Travel Retail, we are committed to exceeding the expectations of the travellers we serve, every day. Our team is passionate about developing and executing innovative solutions, tailored to optimise our landlords' assets and partners' brands.
Reporting into the CEO, this recently created opportunity fulfils a critical leadership role across our three divisions – Duty Free & Luxury, Travel Essentials and Food Services, for Australia and New Zealand. Focused on meeting the expectations of our stakeholders, synonymous with local and international travellers across Australia and New Zealand, this role will give our stores an increased capacity to act, serving our customers and teams, whilst executing our strategy.
The role requires the ability to envision, inspire, energise and support the organisation to extraordinary results, creating an environment where great people achieve great things.
Key responsibilities and activities:
- Be a critical member of the executive team, working alongside colleagues daily, this may include our local and international colleagues
- Assume full operational responsibilities for all stores in the network as well as form and own a new Store Support team function
- Translate the company’s strategic vision and plan into an Operational Plan, working with stores to deliver on the outcomes
- Provide a fresh perspective on everything we do, with energy and team work creating any changes needed with in Support Center and Stores
- Create and drive retail innovation and momentum
- Foster a culture across the business that values integrity, passion, pragmatism and collaboration
Essential attributes of our ideal candidate include:
- A sense of humour, ability to think outside the box and enjoy the pace of retail with a passionate team of equals
- Proven executive leadership experience ideally gained across the retail sector with expertise in managing broad operations ideally but not essentially across sales, merchandising, logistics, commercial and customer service
- Extensive experience leading organisations to growth and sustainable success
- Proven capability in building a high performance organisational culture, ideally displaying a natural gravitas drawing in talent and working well with all types of people across the levels of our organisation
- Excellent leadership and influencing skills; and ability to build strong business partnerships both outside, and within the organization
- Skilled at business planning and diligent at measuring and communicating progress towards the plan, identifying roadblocks, and coming up with appropriate solutions
- Results-orientated, commercially astute individual with an exemplary professional persona whilst being a friendly and authentic leader and colleague
- Hands-on experience as a store manager is a strong preference
This is indeed a rare opportunity to accelerate your career and will appeal to a high energy individual who is both a strategic and operational leader.